Barbecue Dry Rubs Recipes That Are Superb
0 comment Tuesday, April 8, 2014 |
If you are looking for basic barbecue dry rubs recipes that really work, this may be for you! It's the best all around rub that I know about, and I use it for just about everything except veggies....well you can use it for veggies, too!
There are a myriad of commercial-made rubs. Many are good, but the nuts and bolts of things is: "that I like to make my own, maybe because it's part of the barbecuing process to do so!"
This doesn't mean I don't use other rubs. I use all different kinds. I just like this one the best, and I save a little money when I make it myself.
I have used the following recipe since 1995...... It's easy to make, and Cheryl Jamison author of "Smoke & Spice" has been so kind as to have given me permission to pass on one of the best all-around barbecue dry rubs recipes out there. And, I have tried numerous commercial brands and I keep coming back to this one.
Number one: She has one of the best barbecue books out there, and I can't recommend it enough, or highly enough.
It has an extremely low price and should be worth ten times that, based on the fact that your skills and knowledge of barbecuing will improve beyond your wildest dream. See the banner below to order this cool book!
Number two: It's important to buy it and then read it! You are going to learn something about barbecuing the right way.
"Wild Willy's Number One-derful Rub Recipe"
Main all-purpose rub, good on pork & beef rib, brisket, chicken, and more ("And More" Meaning Pulled Pork, Steak, Hamburger).
� 3/4 cup paprika
� 1/4 cup ground black pepper
� 1/4 cup salt
� 1/4 cup sugar
� 2 tablespoons chili powder
� 2 tablespoons garlic powder
� 2 tablespoons onion powder
� 2 teaspoons cayenne
Shown is the basic amount of ingredients. You can double up real easy on the recipe. Put it in a big generic container, like I did, that you can sprinkle the rub from onto meat. It sounds super hot, but it really isn't. It seals the juices real good, and locks in the flavors.
You can buy many of these spices in the bulk section at the grocery store. You can use this dry rub recipe on just about anything you barbecue or cook on the stove top.

Labels: , , ,