Pork Loin Recipes | Well, Simple Does It!
0 comment Friday, April 4, 2014 |

Whether you are cooking a pork loin in the oven, or on the BBQ, there are hundreds of recipes to choose from. But, if you are like me, you want mouth-watering results, you want it fast, and you don't want any hassles.
Real simple recipes are my specialty. Why make it hard on yourself when you don't have to.
I try to buy the biggest pork loin I can find on sale at the market.....work at it a little, you'll find one! The latest I bought was big enough to cut into three pretty good size roasts.
The best part is: all this lean beautiful pork loin was only $12.00. I barbecued one and froze the other two.
You can use any quality dry rub, but I have found Chef Paul Prudhommes Pork and Veal Magic to be excellent. I buy a big can of it that lasts forever.
Wash and pat dry the roast. Sprinkle on a generous amount of dry rub over all parts of the pork loin and rub in.
Apply a generous amount of yellow mustard over the roast. Sprinkle again with dry rub, but don't rub it in this time.
Marinate over night in a plastic bag or container. Do not use aluminum foil or a metal pan.
Before you place the pork loin on the barbecue, or in the oven, let it sit out for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven or BBQ to 325 to 350 degrees.
I have done a pork loin both on the barbecue and in the oven. With the BBQ, I use a water pan sitting the pork loin on top of a grill. You should try this.
In the oven I use my SchlememmerTopf Clay Pot. You'll never go back. Also, I do things a little differently than on the BBQ, I add carrots, potatoes, onions to the pot. Everything simmers in its natural juices and the results are phenomenal.
Cooking time for both methods borders on two hours. Internal temperature of the pork loin should reach 170 degrees.
Once the pork loin is done, wrap in aluminum foil and let it sit out for a least fifteen minutes prior to serving.
This is about as simple of a recipe that I can offer. But, don't let simple recipes bother your excellent gourmet tastes. You will undoubtedly impress your guests and yourself with this excellent method of preparing a pork loin.

Labels: , , , , , ,