Ways To Cook London Broil
0 comment Saturday, May 3, 2014 |

I suppose there are ten thousand different ways to cook London Broil, so here is one more recipe.
Since it is BBQ and outdoor grilling season, I do just about everything, except heat tea water on one of the three barbecue grills I have. Actually, I do a lot of BBQ'ing, and grilling when it isn't barbecuing and grilling season.
Our local Safeway store had London Broil Round Roast on. I forgot to look at the weight, but I am guessing between three and a half and four pounds. A biggie!
I am not sure I know what they mean by "Round", but it looked like a roast. It wasn't tied-up like most "Watermelon Roasts" are�..just a big slab of meat.
Sometimes "real simple" is the best. I had a package of Lawry's Beef Marinade stashed away and decided to try it. It has all kinds of spices and contains a tenderizer.
Naturally, I didn't follow the directions on the package. They want you to poke holes in the beef with a fork�.I did that. They want you to marinate the beef for only thirty minutes in the mix�here I failed.
After covering the London Broil with the mix for 30 minutes, I poured off the excess and let it marinate for a couple of hours in the fridge. I saved the excess marinade I poured off to add later.
I used my gas grill to cook the roast on indirect heat. What I did is place a water pan, filled with hot water, with a grill on top, in the middle of the barbecue.
Then I added back the Lawry Marinade, not to the roast but to the water.
Next, I turned both burners on medium, got it up to temp (350 or little higher), and cooked the London Broil Roast for one and a half hours with the lid down. This comes out rare. I always use a meat thermometer to check.
Cooking time is longer for medium or well done.
I have written articles, and have posted on my blog here about the benefits of using a water pan on a gas grill. It's really simple to use one, and as long as you can get the lid down over the pan and whatever you are cooking, you have it made.
With the use of a water pan, it is self-basting and adds flavor and moisture to anything you are cooking. After you take it off the barbie, wrap in foil and let it sit for 15 minutes.
If you want to know more, please leave a comment on my blog. This has to rank real high in ways to cook London Broil, utilizing a gas barbecue, a smoker or a charcoal grill.

Labels: , , , ,