Fischer And Wieser Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
0 comment Tuesday, May 6, 2014 |
Initially we bought this product to use as a salad dressing on a recommendation from our son. It turned out to be a super salad dressing, and there is enough in a 40 ounce bottle of Fischer and Wieser Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce to last you until the cows come home
And, hey, it's economical. Besides this make all kinds of things including jams, jellies and mustards. But, I'm here to talk about the sauce.
Man, we gotta to talk about the sauce! Up to this point, it had only been used as a salad dressing, but right on the packaging is a recipe that can be used to marinate pork tenderloins and also a recipe to mix with cream cheese for a delicious spread.
Their sauce has a bit of a kick�but, not overwhelming, just enough to satisfy the "hot" you may crave.
So, I have a chicken (no pork tenderloins). 'Tis a big fat chicken and I want to put it on the grill & do it a little differently�."What to Do? What to Do? What to Do?" So I decided to try their sauce as a marinade.
I cleaned the chicken with warm water and applied a Rub. I make my own as noted in about a dozen posts, but you can use a quality Rub like Chef Paul Prudhomme's Poultry Magic (see below).
Apply the Rub over the entire chicken, including the cavity. Brush on the sauce, and pour a fair amount into the cavity. I use a Tupperware Season-Serve Marinating Container for marinating, but you can use a large plastic bag.
I marinated the chicken over night in the fridge. Before you are ready to cook, let the chicken sit out for at least 30 minutes while you get the grill up to 325 degrees.
I cooked this chicken on my gas grill using a form of indirect heat. Try it you like it!

It was cooked using a water pan and extra grill between it and the main grill. I turned on only one burner and placed the water pan in the middle of the barbecue so that you can get the cover on the BBQ closed. If you have difficulty with this cooking method, please leave a comment and I will help you succeed.
Figure on about two hours and 30 minutes to cook. Ok dude, if you don't like moist and tender and flavorable chicken complimented with the Fischer and Weiser Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce then...Geez!

Labels: , , , , ,