Pork Loin Recipes | Simple Is Delicious
0 comment Sunday, May 4, 2014 |

I keep posting about pork loins. Mainly, because they are reasonably priced, lean, super good and very easy to fix. I have already given you a couple of recipes in past posts, but this one is right out of the "Traeger Grill Owners Handbook".
Ok, I can't help myself I made a few deviations from the recipe, but I will give credit due where credit is due. I am impressed with my Traeger Grill (See Below) and I am very impressed with the recipes that Traeger owners come up with, and above all their level of expertise.
If you are thinking about hitting the BBQ competition circuit, well you might want to bring a Traeger to the gun fight (to borrow a jazz phrase), " With something that Cooks!"
Caribbean Roast Pork Loin
  • A one pound, plus Boneless Pork Loin
  • Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • One half teaspoon of Black Pepper
  • One half teaspoon of Sea Salt
  • One teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg & one teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
  • If you don't have one, get one�..a Tupperware Marinating Pan (see below). They are plastic, heavy duty and you can flip them over without spilling the works. Place all the above ingredients in the container and rub over the entire pork loin.
    Refrigerate over night. If you don't have a Tupperware pan, use a heavy duty plastic bag. However, plastic bags can get spendy after a while. Don't marinate anything in aluminum foil or anything that is aluminum.
    Start the grill, or oven, and maintain a temperature of at least 325 degrees. If gas or a charcoal grill you will want to cook on indirect heat, meaning heat one side and cook on the other.
    Before placing on the grill let the pork loin sit out for at least 30 minutes. Also, I don't like to sit my pork loin directly on the grill so I place it in a shallow pan and then onto the grill fat-side up.
    Cook for at least two hours. But, don't overcook or your pork loin will be as dry as a bone. In the last 20 minutes of cooking, I like to mist with an equal amount of orange juice and apple cider vinegar. This adds a nice crust to the loin. Make sure the roast reaches a temperature of 170 degrees or thereabouts.
    Once cooked, wrap in aluminum foil and let it sit out for about fifteen minutes prior to serving. You will find that a pork loin is as lean, if not leaner than any other meat out there including chicken breasts. There are mucho recipes for pork loins out there and this is just another mucho good one to sink your teeth into!

    Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,